Custom Search

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dangerous Child??!!!!

Now I don't usually rant or my blood boiling but today I was in tears and finding myself very defensive over my daughter. I turned up at the childminders all appears fine then she says she needs to talk to me instantly my heart is in my mouth. As she precedes to tell me that the other mum thinks my child is dangerous and that she thinks her daughter is unsafe. What the hell?!!! my daughter is 20 months old and the other little girl is few months younger. My daughter is not violent and am adamant on sharing and very strict on hitting, just the hint of her slapping and she is into time out, I am adamant my daughter will share and not hit. I will not have her tarnished with a bully brush or dysfunctional child brush, if anything sometimes i can be too strict with her as i worry about other people. My daughter happens to love this other girl and shares with her loads, im not about to question this other mother or rant about her child's behavior or the sort of person the mum is, as that would make me as bad as her and i have already aired my views to the childminder and my fiance. When my daughter has hit its usually at the end of the day, everyone is turning up, the house is busy and she just happens to slap or push, not in a nasty way and the other girl is never hurt. It just frustrated me that my daughter and my upbringing of her is questioned. Surely us mums must stick together its bad enough we feel judged by the rest of the world but by our own kind?!! all children go through stages of hitting, god me and my brother used to punch the hell out of each other as kids, its called growing up, also it must be frustrating be that small and lack of communication can lead to frustration. I asked the childminder how her behavior was in day and she is always as good as gold if anything the other girl is more naughty during day. It just made me very upset and angry, i know i am doing everything i can to raise my daughter right, she is no angle but i always deal with any behaviors head on before they escalate the only other option i can come up with is to put her in a cage as she is clearly a threat to all human kind!!!! I would understand if she was pushing downstairs or attempting to stamp on her head but she isn't, she is doing what every child in her age group goes through, i bet if they were at nursery the behavior would be worse as more children fighting for attention. At least my daughter is public about her so called beatings, could be the other way round she could be pinning this other girl down behind the sofa for non to see!!!! Safe to safe was not happy today and felt my natural instinct kick in at defending my child and my parenting. The childminder was very understanding and reassured me she did not feel my daughter was a danger and that it was all being taken out of context and that my daughter was perfectly normal for her age and that its an over reaction on the other mothers part. Just dampens my faith in other mums and makes me feel like as a mum i will always be battling some problem or defending my actions to those who don't matter just a shame its from another mother who should know how hard it is herself. Rant over, now excuse me while i poke my daughter with a sharp stick in her cage and feed her animal carcass like the dangerous beast she is!!!! :P

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Dear.....What ever happened to the old family life....Dead and Buried.....Is'nt it...!
    Because of the way of the world, as it is to-day, there is very little family life. Families no longer sit together for meals, NOT even on a Sunday. Do families talk to each other, discuss their problems...NO!
    I know you follow Kelly~Marie's Blog. Now there is a lady with problems, and at such an young age. Shame..
    It's difficult l know, l was a single parent, for 13 years, but with my 'family' upbringing, l managed, alone...!
    We could discuss this ALL day, and still would'nt find an answer.
    There by the grace God......Or words to that effect.....!
    Remember.....
    A House Is Made Of Bricks And Beams...
    A Home Is Made Of love And Dreams.....! :0)

    williewine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very good friends with kelly we were in primary school together i have great admiration for her. hat annoyed me about this mum is she has had people judge her and she has been pointed at etc and you know the saying people in glass houses, i think her statement was ott and it really upset me as it made me question myself. x

    ReplyDelete