Custom Search

Monday, January 24, 2011

Wedding Bells ding dong!!

Was at cousins wedding this weekend i got the privilege of being the hairdresser for the occasion so was there right from start to finish. Was surprised no nerves!! I still dont think its sunk in that they are married. the excitement was amazing everyone getting hair and make up done and chattering. The night before me and my cousin went through a list of all the last times she would be a miss like dinner, sleep etc. We shared a room with my daughter and at 2am got a bottle thrown at my head think she wanted milk, luckily no bruise on my head!!! The wedding was beautiful and her dress looked amazing on, was hoping for tears from groom and father of the bride but sadly no. But was lovely. The after do was good apart from when i though i had lost my daughter ready to burst into tears and go hysterical but turns out she had found the fruit machine so Que dashes to the door every 5 mins so the push chair was used as a play pen. I did come armed with a box of tricks containing coloring books, play dough, baby and cats which she decided she would play with when stuck in push chair. Once the music started she stayed mostly on the dance floor and going up to every body and anybody wanting them to dance. It was lovely to watch her. Then she fell asleep so was my turn to bust some moves on the dance floor and boy did i move. It was sad when the evening ended it had been fun, the groom and father of the bride were being propped up by the bar, I had a 50 year old i nicknamed kneecaps Frankie hitting on me, had to flash me rock and decline lol It got me thinking about my impending nuptials next year and i can not wait!!! I cant wait to have the big day where we cement our relationship and family and commit for life in wedded bliss. i think now a days some weddings can be big and extreme but no guarantee it will last, i prefer the simple weddings were the focus in on the commitment the two people make and then a big party after. Now a days there are so many people divorcing and it can put people of marriage, both mine and my fiances parents have been divorced but i dont base my views on marriage on my parents. I think me and my partner have done the most difficult thing in the relationship and that is having children, they are so testing on a relationship and completely change the dynamics of the relationship. We had a very very rough patch after our daughter was born and we have come out the other end so much stronger for it, i feel that our relationship has a very solid foundation and can last the distance. Its making me more excited about our big day, i already have plans for our 10 year anniversary and that's to go abroad and renew our vows. The more weddings i see and the closer me and my partner get, all our little romantic moments and more time spent as a family the more i cant wait for us to commit to one and other for life. So a big congratulations to my cousin and her new husband on their wonderful day and leaving me even more inspired and excited!!! next on the agenda for them is babies so get cracking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment