Custom Search

Friday, January 7, 2011

Gadgets, Gadgets and more bloody gadgets!!!

We definitely live in a world of technology. And I think most of it is in my flat, it would not surprise me if in some way my fiance had found a way to make himself electronic, like the bionic man or something. I come home from work today and guess what he now has an ipad. Ok i hear you say its just an ipad. But let me fill you in on what he ALREADY has.
3 Xbox's
1 PlayStation 3
1 laptop
1 Apple mac (which to be fair i use)
1 3D Tv
1 Iphone
And now an Ipad!!! we probably use the same amount of electricity as a small island!!! I find myself now sitting here surplus to requirements while him and his gadgets sit on the floor its like a party and your not invited unless you have a microchip or a switch board. It makes me wonder how would we cope today with no gadgets. Jamie's meals wouldn't be in 30 minutes but then we wouldn't know about him if we didn't have a tv? Facebook would not be around to keep us in contact with our friends, we would have to go back to the days of pen and paper. Teenagers wouldn't be stabbing their parents over xbox games or being teased for not having the latest gadget which us as parents are expected to buy with our money tree we have stored in the loft!!! I remember once we didn't have the internet for a week, we spent the week talking, watching movies and my fiance fell asleep in bed and not on the rug hugging his xbox controller.
As i stare at all his gadgets and ponder the world of gadgets, i wonder when did we all get so anti social? yes these gadgets promote social interaction but via a mouth piece or email, but in the same sense we are losing social exchanges with the people who live with us, our families! i mean we are always late any where we go,not because my daughter wont get dressed or i spend time doing my make up but because he just has to get one more game on one of his many gadgets before he can go any where. Yes I like the mac and my ability to communicate with so many and reach so many. But when do gadgets become an obsession? I think the only one of his toys apart from the mac I really like is his PlayStation 3 as it was over that he proposed, but now he hardly plays on it, charming!!!

1 comment:

  1. Christ, I thought Mitch was bad with his gadgets, lets see, he has:
    2 xbox 360s (one in pieces)
    1 xbox crystal
    1 pc with 2 screens
    1 net book
    1 lap top
    1 ps2
    Android mobile phone

    He wants an Ipad or other bloody touch screen tablet thingy-ma-jig too.

    We defintelyt live in a world of tech honey. Mind you I can't really talk because I have a few too, lol

    1 pc
    wii
    Android mobile phone
    Netbook

    I couldn't live without my phone or netbook but then again when we got our internet connection cut off we did just sit there and watch films which was nice....until I discovered my free internet on my phone so was back on the world of facebook lol.

    xx

    ReplyDelete