Custom Search

Friday, January 14, 2011

Modern times

Now the old view of the woman was to stay at home, cook, clean look after the kids and basically what i feel is a doormat to the husband who would go out work hard and expect dinner on the table followed with beer and a foot rub. Clearly old man did not meet me. I have never disillusioned my fiance into thinking i am indeed a domestic goddess. I can cook (very well) Im art and crafty, i know how to use a washing machine, i can clean but i will not hospital clean my flat every day, i hate ironing to the point it makes me angry so nothing gets ironed unless on the day of wearing it really does need ironing. I am a working mum and when im not at work i am spending time with my daughter and the thought of cleaning, well i can always find something else to do. Dont get me wrong my flat is clean and tidy but it is also lived in, i have a child of 19 months definitely not going to be a show home, but i like it that way.
Since starting my new job the past 2 fridays i have worked 1-9pm so in the morning the slow cooker is put on and daughter dropped to childminder leaving my fiance to do pick up, dinner, bath and bed and wow!!! I need to work lates more often, he does the cleaning!!!! Its lovely, he is spending quality one on one time with our daughter meaning they become closer, it means i have one less thing to worry about and he is helping with the house work :) We definitely live in modern times and my fiance is adjusting very nicely and it proves to me even more why he is husband material. I love my daughter but i think if my fiance wanted to be a house husband i would definitely let him, only for a few weeks as i would miss the swimming and gymnastics, also my other half isn't exactly a cook so i would still have to keep that up, but i dont mind i love cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment