Custom Search

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Weight loss for busy mums

I complain endlessly about my weight then moan I have no time, yet there are evening where i sit in front of the tv flicking channels eating junk and facebooking pointlessly to fill the gap. In said time i could do the washing pile that is piling up or do the washing up, but frankly its the evening, my daughter is in bed so there for surely I can clock off and it can wait till morning. On the evenings when my fiance isn't at football I find myself doing the same routine only instead of watching tv I'm watching fifa. A pointless game on an even more pointless piece of electrical equipment the xbox. Or so I thought. Then the kinect came out. A device attached to the xbox that turns you into the controller. My fiance got dance central which came out at our new years party and when the in-laws came over for dinner. My god it was amazing!!! Dancing around like a loon sweating, laughing. And there it was I had found a use for the thing that is xbox!! So now when my fiance is at football the dance game comes out, once a week I have my friend over to play two hours of dance. I can feel all the chocolates, mince pies, roast potatoes and pigs in jackets falling off my waist and bingo wings!!! And while laughing my head off I can feel my stomach toning getting me ever closer to reaching my goal of having my belly re-pierced (No I'm not going through a mid-life crisis or trying to hold onto a dying youth, i used to have it done and would now like it re-done cos I liked it, not for any one else just for me) But in doing this I have also managed to find a night where my fiance can bath and put to bed our daughter while I go out with my friend and do a body pump class!!! Its amazing the way the excuses seem to fall away once you start. So my weight loss tip to all you mums and non mums so not to discriminate is to just do it!! Thats right bite the bullet, call a friend set a date, stick to it and just tell the other half for one night he must cope while his amazing other half has quality me time and gets the spring back in her step cos she is being pro active. So my first buzz phrase for 2011 (no I'm not stealing from Nike just borrowing) is JUST DO IT!!!!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect

1 comment: